torstai 25. elokuuta 2011

VONGA

I have been a little bit busy last week, but now I have time to write again.You´ll maybe think why I am writing these things, but I have to tell some things in a special order. My spiritual path has been long, it took several decades. And these things I am telling have a very special meaning in my life and they are part of my spritual path and also often a reason of my belief.

In my childhood I didn´t have any pets until I was 13 years old. As I told earlier I spent my summer holidays in Haapamäki. I think I was about 6 years old when my aunt took a dog. No, she didn´t take a dog, she took the dog. In my memories I still have the first evening when I saw that little puppy. I was a little bit afraid of him, because he had very sharp teeth and he loved to bite my toes, fingers and my nose. When I went to bed I tried to crowl deeply under my blanket. But it was unnecessary, because the puppy always found his way to under my blanket. And he started that biting until he was too tired to do anything else than sleep with me. His name was Vonga.


I don´t know why they gave that kind  of name to a dog. But in my ears this name sounds Sami. There live Sami people in Lapland, in Northern Finland. Vonga was "mixed-race" and I think nobody exactly knows his provenance. Anyway there was something wolfish in Vonga and maybe that is why I loved him so much.

Everytime I went to Haapamäki I wanted to spend my time with Vonga. When he was an adult dog, my aunt denied him to sleep inside the house. Vonga had a doghouse outside and my aunt told me that dogs can´t spend their nights inside. Okay, I slept in the doughouse with Vonga. That was the only night I have ever slept in a doghouse but after that my aunt decided Vonga can sleep inside when I am in Haapamäki.

Vonga was not very well trained, he was wild and mostly disobedient. But he loved me as much as I loved him. We were inseparable. He loved to runaway whenever it was possible and he might stay away several hours. Once  in October 1972 Vonga disappeared again and he never came back home. He was roadkill. The driver had burried him and I don´t know where Vonga´s grave is. That day was the end of my happy childhood and I realized that I can lose everything and everybody I love.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti