tiistai 16. elokuuta 2011

MY SECRET

Sometimes people ask me what is my secret. Why I am always so calm, patient and trustful. They are wrong: I am not. But in my heart I know there will always be something I can trust. My belief. My ancestors belief.

I live in Finland and at least since year 1550 all my ancestors have lived in Finland. So my roots are deep inside this beautiful country. Although my family is Christian - as most people in Finland are - I am not. Hundreds of years ago we had our own ancient religion. A wonderful religion with several gods, imps, elfs and spirits. A religion which made a human being as a part of the Nature. But Finnish people had the same destiny as so many people all over the world: Christianity. Finnish people forgot their own gods. They forgot all imps, elfs and spirits. They forgot they are part of the Nature. They forgot all rituals and traditions.

Nowadays, if I tell about my belief, most Finnish people are astonished. They say they have never heard about our own belief. They wonder what is Kekri and why someone celebrates it. I am a lucky one because my family never forgot.

This is my story and probably everything that my family has left from the religion of our ancestors. I am an eclectic Finnish pagan and I have added some special myths and traditions into my belief. I am sorry if there will be typos or mistakes in grammar, but my native language is Finnish, not English.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti